This is the home page for the University of Wisconsin River Falls Pre-Physical Therapy Club. Which is a group of UWRF students who are interested in pursuing careers in Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, or Athletic Training, and other rehabilitation careers.
- For a list of future meetings and events check out the UWRF Pre-Physical Therapy Club calendar at http://www.my.calendars.net/uwrfpreptclub
- For information on Graduate Schools and The American Physical Therapy Association please see links at the bottom of the page.
If you are a current UWRF student or faculty member and are interested in joining or just getting more information on the Pre-Physical Therapy Club you can contact us by e-mail at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject
Pre-physical therapy club missions and visions
• Focus on physical therapy careers, but also talk about occupational
therapy, athletic training, chiropractic practice, and other related
• Visit graduate schools as a club such as University of
Minnesota-Twin Cities, St.Katherine’s, St.Scholastica, University of
Wisconsin-La Crosse, and others
• Plan events for next semester such as physical therapy
conventions, tours to physical therapy clinics, fundraisers such as a bake
sale, setting up a booth to advertise in the University Center, and social
• Our club will provide support for students who are interested in
pursuing a career in physical therapy, and other allied medical field
• We plan on touring/observing hospitals, assisted living
facilities, and other specialized physical therapy related settings
• Our long term goals are to provide new students who are
interested in physical therapy and other allied health professions with a
clear and focused academic plan as well as information and resources to
volunteer opportunities and preparation to graduate schools
• Our mission is to prepare for our future careers by receiving and
utilizing our educational experiences at UWRF and in the surrounding
• We vision our club to be a resource and a tool to create
relationships between students, facility, and leaders in the community. We
hope to learn from the medical professionals in our community and serve
back to them.
- The Future of Physical Therapy
- The vision of 2020 is that therapists own their own clinics
- It is ranked in the top 10 jobs year after year and is projected to stay there
- It is a wonderful career to be in while still having a family due to the many possible settings to work in and hours.
Visions and Leadership for the Club
True leaders see things differently. Realizing that there is always room
for improvement and they believe that no one has ever done anything so
well that it cannot be done better.
For leaders, a vision is not a dream; it is a reality that has yet to come
into existence. Vision is palpable to leaders; their confidence in and
dedication to vision are so strong they can devote long hours over many
years to bring it into being. In this way, a vision acts as a force
within, compelling a leader to action. Every leader has one thing in
common. They are goal-oriented and passionate about their vision.
-David Heirschey-Professor at St. Thomas University
November 18th Meeting
During our last Pre-PT meeting we had the pleasure of listening and
speaking to Jeanna Viramontes, from ReForm Physical Therapy. I would like
to thank those of you who were able to make it to the meeting and welcome
her. Also, a thank you letter was sent out to Jeanna, on behalf of the
Pre-PT club, to show our gratitude.
With the final weeks of the semester approaching quickly, so is our final
club meeting of the semester. This meeting will be at 5pm on Thursday,
December 9th, at the OSI in Somerset.
PT School Deadlines
December 1 is the deadline for the following schools: Alabama State
University, Bellarmine University, Chapman University, Chatham University,
Eastern Washington University, Marymount University, Mount St. Mary's
College (Soft Deadline), New York University, Rosalind Franklin University
of Medicine and Science, Shenandoah University, Simmons College,
University of Florida, University of Maryland Baltimore (Soft Deadline),
University of Michigan Flint, University of New Mexico, University of
Rhode Island, University of South Dakota, University of Southern
California (Soft Deadline) and Wheeling Jesuit University (Soft Deadline).
December 15 is the deadline for the following schools: Arcadia University
(Soft Deadline), Boston University (Soft Deadline), Columbia University,
George Washington University (Soft Deadline), Idaho State University, MGH
Institute of Health Professions, Midwestern University Downers Grove,
Midwestern University Glendale, AZ (Soft Deadline), Missouri State
University, St, Ambrose University, Stony Brook University, University of
Alabama at Birmingham, University of Kentucky, University of Nevada Las
Vegas, University of Pittsburgh (Soft Deadline), University of Puget
Sound, University of South Alabama, University of Vermont and University
Some websites that have general information on current events in the physical/occupational therapy community are listed below, as well as some websites with information on athletic training.
American Physical Therapy Association
Links to Graduate Schools:
Check out these schools website, remember to be aware of what their pre-reqs are, for some schools differ. If you are unsure if a class fits the requirements, call the admissions office! Better to be safe than sorry. Also note that most schools have a rolling application process, meaning the earlier you apply, the better. The best of luck to you!!
- St. Kates (Minneapolis, MN) http://www.stkate.edu/academic/dpt/
- University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN) http://www.physther.umn.edu/dpt/home.html
-St. Scholastica (Duluth, MN) http://www.css.edu/Admissions/Graduate-Studies/Doctor-of-Physical-Therapy.html
-Mayo Clinic (Rochester, MN) http://www.mayo.edu/mshs/pt-ptmp-rch.html
- Carroll University (Waukesha, WI) http://www.carrollu.edu/gradprograms/physicaltherapy/default.asp
- Concordia University Wisconsin (Mequon, WI) http://www.cuw.edu/Programs/dpt/index.html
-Marquette University (Milwaukee, WI) http://www.marquette.edu/chs/pt/
-University of Wisconsin-LaCrosse (LaCrosse, WI) http://perth.uwlax.edu/pt/
-University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI) http://www.orthorehab.wisc.edu/physical-therapy/